You are the side kick of one of our Technical Directors and get to work on live projects whilst benefiting from a personal mentor. You assist in the preparation, construction and acceptance of our projects. Your meticulousness and drive is key to help Immobel deliver on its projects according to predefined quality, budget and planning requirements.
This position is all designed to unlock your potential and prepare you for an exciting and fulfilling career as a technical expert in the Real Estate business. You will play a key role in the realization of complex and highly visible projects. You will gain practical experience and high-level exposure, while working with various top of the market internal and external stakeholders.
Your main duties consist of
- During the design phase, which consists of preliminary design, permit design and tender design, you will assist and support your direct supervisor:
- in analyzing in detail documents provided by architects and engineers to ensure optimal technical solutions are withheld and implemented in every phase of the design process.
- in maintaining a network of specialized suppliers and subcontractors to continuously check the technical and financial feasibility of decisions taken during the design process.
- in the tender process by polling potential contractors, preparing responses to contractor questions, following up on tender planning etc.
- in the contract negotiation phase by analyzing and comparing received offers.
- During the construction phase, you assist the Technical Director to organize the project in a precise manner. This includes but is not limited to the following tasks :
- Preparing the weekly site meetings in order to allow the Technical Director to respond swiftly to all outstanding issues
- Participating in the weekly site meetings under supervision of the Technical Director or Project Manager
- Checking all stakeholders stick to the agreed planning (execution planning and document planning)
- For residential projects, support the Immobel Customer Guidance team to clarify specific technical issues
- For non-residential projects, provide timely and precise answers to any questions posed by the end customer(s)
- Performing regular quality checks on site
- Providing the necessary technical support to the purchasing managers and sales teams. This includes meticulous analysis of all technical documents included in purchase and sales contracts.
- Almost there: you prepare and facilitate the Provisional Acceptance
- Organizing the acceptance visits planned with the general contractor and the external consultants
- Coordination of the drawing up by the Architect and the other Consultants of detailed lists of shortcomings and works not carried out
- Verification that the general contractor has obtained the reports from official bodies (fire department, AIB, etc.)
- Coordination of the acceptance of solved remarks by the concerned consultants
- Coordination of the creation of the further intervention documents and As Built documents by the contractor and the safety coordinator
- And finally: you prepare and facilitate the Final Acceptance
- You have a Master’s degree (Civil or industrial engineer in construction or Engineer in Architecture)
- You have been working in the building construction business for 2 - 5 years
- You stand out among your peers
- Accuracy is part of your natural DNA
- You are assertive and perseverant
- You are resilient in a rapidly changing environment
- You have excellent analytical skills and a high sense of responsibility
- You like engaging with people but also with numbers
- You have knowledge of MS office and another useful software applications
- Dutch/French with a good command of English
What we offer
- Besides the challenging function, you will get continuous training internally and externally to sharpen your hard- and soft skills;
- We offer a very pleasant working environment in an ambitious, enterprising team and a company focused on ‘growth for excellence’.
- Career opportunities