As part of Immobel's growth, we are currently looking for a Legal Counsel to enforce the legal team. In this role, you will provide pro-active and in-depth support in relation to the development projects of Immobel (residential, offices, etc.), in close cooperation with the other legal counsels and the other departments.
Your main duties:
- Drafting and review of various types of construction and real estate relate agreements;
- Assistance in contract negotiations;
- Follow-up and management of existing contracts and assistance to issues arising during the development process;
- Legal assistance in the acquisition process: legal due diligence and review/drafting of transaction documents, as the case may be in close cooperation with external counsels;
- Pro-active follow-up of the ongoing projects, from a legal perspective;
- Management and follow-up of legal disputes e.g. with buyers, contractors, etc.;
- When required, coordination with external lawyers and advisors;
- Follow up of litigation and assistance to the company in legal disputes;
You will report to the Head of Legal.
- You have a Belgian Master in law degree;
- You have 3 to 5 years of relevant experience as a real estate lawyer and/or as an in-house legal counsel;
- You have an excellent knowledge of French or Dutch with good knowledge of the other language and you are fluent in English;
- You are pragmatic, hands-on and result-driven;
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and are able to work in a demanding and fast moving environment;
- You are capable and willing to defend the company's contractual interest;
- You are flexible and capable of working efficiently; and
- You like to work in a team and enjoy sharing knowledge, but you are also able to work independently and take own responsibilities.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to be part of an experienced Legal team and of a fast-growing Belgian company.
- The possibility to work in an atmosphere that stimulates personal development and ownership.
- A competitive remuneration package.
How to apply ?
If interested, please send your CV to [email protected]