YOUR CHALLENGE :
The Project Controller position requires excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills. They are the main contact for project managers regarding commercial and financial aspects of real estate projects under development. You will strengthen the existing FP&A team (5 people).
YOUR MAIN DUTIES :
- Analyze the basis of the established budget; identify the original work scope and observe any potential variance from the estimate throughout project life-cycle; discuss your findings with the project team and other stakeholders;
- Review and analyze committed, expended, and forecasted costs against approved budget and approved changes;
- Prepare quarterly financial reporting; ensure variances, incurred, committed, and forecasted costs are properly explained and communicated to the project team;
- Perform reconciliations of costs and sales with accounting;
- Actively contribute ideas on improvement to the control system with the project managers;
- Ad hoc tasks, such as assisting corporate finance in drafting the cash planning and business plan;
You will report to the Head of FP&A and operate in a young and dynamic team.
YOUR PROFILE :
- You hold a Master’s degree in Applied Economics, Commercial Engineering or MBA or equivalent;
- You have a minimum of two years of relevant work experience (Controlling, Audit, etc); preferably in a project driven environment
- Real estate construction/development experience is considered as a plus;
- You are fluent in Dutch and/or French and have a good knowledge of English;
- You are a team player that is also self-driven and goal oriented;
- You are flexible, work well under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities;
- You have superior analytical skills, detail oriented;
- You are self-confident and can challenge and discuss project assumptions with all levels of the Project Controls and Project Management organisation;
- You have a proficient knowledge of Excel, knowledge of Power BI is a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER :
- A challenging and varied position in a steadfast Belgian listed real estate company, which is innovating and growing strongly (internationally).
- An environment where personal development and coaching are strongly encouraged.
- The opportunity to work from the beautiful buildings in Brussels,
- A competitive and attractive salary package.