YOUR CHALLENGE :
Based in Luxembourg, the Technical Director will initially be in charge of the Eden Project in Germany https://eden-frankfurt.com/
As such, he/she will report to the Chief Technical Officer of the Immobel Group and to the Developer in charge of this Project and will have to be present in Germany for at least 2 to 3 days per week.
At the end of this project, you will be in charge of other projects in Luxembourg, France or Belgium.
On the projects for which you are responsible, you are in charge of all technical aspects of the projects in close coordination and cooperation with the developer responsible for the project.
You will coordinate and supervise a network of external contractors/stakeholders.
Your role is very broad and is at the heart of our business and is of the utmost importance to the Company's performance and reputation.
YOUR MAIN DUTIES :
- During the design phase of projects (APS, APD et Permis) :
- Consulting architects and design offices and negotiating contracts;
- Guiding and directing the architects and design offices, while constantly monitoring the optimisation of the project and the optimisation of surface areas and more generally the economic optimisation of projects;
- Managing and controling the planning of the studies;
- Obtaining the most optimal results in terms of quality/budget,
- Managing the tendering process with the general contractor or co-contractors. This task includes tasks such as:
- Analysing the tenders;
- Evaluation of proposals or alternative solutions;
- Negotiation and finalisation of contracts;
- During the construction phase, you will monitor and manage the project(s) for which you are responsible. This includes tasks such as :
- Organising weekly site meetings;
- Monitoring in terms of budget, planning and quality;
- Coordination of companies, where appropriate;
- Price evaluation of additional works;
- Controlling the architects and engineers;
- Regular contact/discussion/negotiation with contractors; negotiation and finalisation of any amendments;
- Providing input and support to the Residential Advisory team (for residential projects) on all aspects of the buyers' amendment works;
- Follow-up and discussion with the client and implementation of possible amendments for all modification/additional works related to non-residential projects ;
- Follow-up of provisional and final acceptance operations with contractors ;
- Follow-up on the lifting of reservations.
YOUR PROFILE :
- You have a master’s degree in civil or construction engineering; an economic background is a clear plus;
- You have been working in the construction business for at least 10 years in a similar function, ideally in Germany;
- You are perseverant, cost conscious and a good negotiator;
- You have good organisational skills and are able to manage several tasks/projects in parallel;
- You are communicative and have a commercial spirit ;
- You are a team player,
- You think in terms of solutions and are result-oriented
- You are fluent in German and can work fluently in English and French and/or Dutch;
- You are familiar with MS Office and IT tools for architectural design (AutoCad, ArchiCad, Sketchup ....), and work planning (MS Project, ....)