Your challenge :
The Corporate Paralegal is responsible for supporting the Corporate Legal Counsel & Company Secretary in the legal-administrative set-up of the Group companies. You are responsible for the active and autonomous management of all Belgian subsidiaries and passively follow up the Corporate Housekeeping of the foreign subsidiaries. You provide legal advice on corporate and financial law relating to Immobel and its subsidiaries. You are alert to certain important issues and prepare the introduction of new governance rules within the Group. You will proactively monitor developments in the field of corporate governance.
Your main duties consist of :
- Handle Corporate Paralegal and administrative tasks, such as:
- On the one hand, the Corporate Housekeeping of the Group’s subsidiaries in Belgium, including the preparations and follow-up of restructurings (liquidations, mergers, transfers, etc.) and, on the other hand, the participation in the Corporate Housekeeping of Immobel (preparation of the documents required for the general meetings, management report, remuneration report, agenda, convening of the shareholders, drafting of the minutes and attendance list, etc.).
- Verifying company documents when they originate from external partners / foreign subsidiaries.
- Maintaining the shareholders registers (both of Immobel and its subsidiaries).
- Contacts with the Statutory Auditor in the context of the annual audit.
- Contacts with notaries in the context of EGMs and amendments to the articles of association.
- Fulfilling legal formalities of several kinds (register of legal entities, publication requirements, UBO requirements).
- Cooperation in the event of legal supervision:
- Handling of various legal issues relating to corporate and financial law (including guidelines / regulations issued by the FSMA).
- Review of the various legal aspects to make sure that the annual report of Immobel is in line with its Corporate Governance Charter and the applicable legislation.
- Assistance in drafting press releases and answering shareholder’s questions.
The Corporate Paralegal will report to the Corporate Legal Counsel& Company Secretary.
Your profile :
- You hold a Bachelor degree in legal practice or equivalent through experience.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a similar position in a large company.
- You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch or French and a very good knowledge of the other national language (spoken and written), with a good command of English.
- You have a good knowledge of Office Tools and you are well-versed in technology.
- You have an analytical mind and you have an exceptional eye for detail and precision.
- You are punctual and able to set priorities.
- You are able to manage complexity and to optimise work processes.
- You have an administrative and organisational talent.
- You are able to work autonomously and proactively provide reliable support for your assigned projects.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (writing and oral).
- You are a critical thinker, a problem-solver and decisive.
- You are a teamplayer and trustworthy.
- You have a strong sense of ethics and responsibility.
What we offer :
- A challenging and varied position in a strong, innovative and fast-growing (international) listed Belgian real estate company.
- A very pleasant working environment in an ambitious, enterprising team and a company focused on ‘growth for excellence’.
- As a team member of the corporate legal department, you will also work with other departments (finance, legal, developments, etc.).
- An attractive remuneration and benefit.
How to apply ?
Don't wait any longer to send your motivation and CV to [email protected]