Your challenge :
As a true corporate legal business partner, you will primarily focus on the corporate law aspects related to listed companies. You will be responsible for Corporate Governance, Corporate Affairs (e.g. transparency notifications, official communication with the FSMA, review of draft regulated press releases, managing the governance content of the corporate website together with the communication team and the Group CFO, …), Corporate Compliance and Corporate Housekeeping. You will be supported by a Corporate Paralegal who will report directly to you. You support the Board and the Belgian management team by organizing and preparing meetings and executing the follow-up. You advise on legal and corporate responsibilities to the Board and other stakeholders.
In this position you will also act as Company Secretary, supporting the Board and the Executive Committees together with Group Head of communications and the Group CEO. You will help set priorities and implement decisions. You ensure the right subjects are brought to the Board table, and communicated to the broader organization.
Your main duties consist of :
- Completing and reviewing the draft annual report, corporate governance statement, remuneration report / policy, management report and the registration document;
- Planning, drafting the agenda, convening, drafting and reviewing the minutes and discussing the agenda of the general shareholders’ meetings (ordinary, special and extraordinary);
- Preparing all documents and meetings with respect to corporate governance & remuneration, investment and other commitees;
- Drafting and reviewing minutes and being present at meetings of the Board and the committees;
- Ensuring the corporate compliance.
You will be supported by a Corporate Paralegal en you will report directly to the Head of Legal.
Your profile :
- You have a Belgian Master degree in Law;
- You have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience (inhouse or law-firm), experience in a listed company is considered a plus;
- You have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and a good judgement;
- You install trust through honesty, integrity and authenticity;
- You apply knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals;
- You have good organizational skills with a big appetite for digital innovative solutions, an eye for detail and a problem-solving and pro-active personality;
- You have an outgoing, hands-on and dynamic mindset, who takes ownership and has a high commitment;
- You are able to balance stakeholders and to manage complexity and change;
- You use your expertise to act as the organizational authority on developing, monitoring, interpreting and understanding policies and procedures, while making sure they match organizational strategies and objectives (also on compliance matters);
- You have innovative and operational excellence in the delivery of your responsibilities;
- You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch and French and a very good command of English.
What we offer :
- A very challenging growth working environment in an ambitious, enterprising team and a Company focused on ‘growth for excellence’;
- The possibility to contribute to the creation of a futureproof and resilient organization;
- An attractive remuneration and benefit package.
How to apply ?
If interested, please send your CV to [email protected]